2019 Dr Trevor Pearcey Centenary Celebrations
Trevor Pearcey, a great Austrlian ICT icon, was born on the 5 March 1919.
To celebrate his centenary, the Pearcey Foundation held a special event on 5 March 2019 at The Sydney Nanoscience Hub, located within The University of Sydney Nano Institute.
The Pearcey Centenary Celebration program featured eminent speakers exploring three of Dr Pearcey's prime areas of interest:
- Computing (with a focus on quantum computing);
- Astronomy and Radio Physics (where CSIRAC began within CSIRO), and;
- Nanoscience with some focus on optics, an area in which Trevor Pearcey had a particular interest.
2018 in Review
- 2018 Pearcey Medal - Dr Dennis Cooper
- 2018 Pearcey Hall of Fame - Dr Dennis Cooper, Emeritus Professor Robin Stanton, Dr Reg Coutts
- 2018 Pearcey Entrepreneur - Tony Clark
We very much appreciate the support of ACS and Data61 (CSIRO) for these awards.
The 2018 Pearcey State Entrepreneur Winners are:
- 2018 WA Pearcey Award - Dr Mark Andrich (Sustainable Platform)
- 2018 SA Pearcey Award - Tony Clark (Rising Sun Pictures)
- 2018 Vic Pearcey Award - Michael Cameron and Bernie Tschirren (Rome2Rio)
- 2018 ACT Pearcey Award - Ken Kroeger (Seeing Machines)
- 2018 Tas Pearcey Award - Dr Gary McDarby (Enterprize Tasmania)
- 2018 Qld Pearcey Award - Peter Laurie (Junta)
- 2018 NSW Pearcey Award - Nick Molnar (Afterpay)
The Pearcey Foundation is proud to have been involved in the following events:
12 Jun 2019
Alison Harcourt (nee Doig) is an alumnus and past staff member of the University of Melbourne. At 89 years of age, she is still tutoring at the University in her speciality field of mathematics, namely Statistics. Alison was recognised in this year's Queens Birthday Honours list with an Order of Australia. The Pearcey Foundation honours Ms Harcourt for a lifelong ... »» Read more...
05 Mar 2019
The Pearcey Foundation was proud to run a special Centenary Celebration on Tuesday 5 March 2019 at University of Sydney. The event commemorated Dr Trevor Pearcey and his work. Over 200 scientific, academic and industry leaders joined the Celebration from 3pm-7pm at the Sydney Nanoscience Hub, located within The University of Sydney Nano Institute. »» Read more...
28 Aug 2018
The 2018 Pearcey Oration was delivered by Mr Paul Shetler, a technologist and entrepreneur with more than 20 years of experience working on large projects in the technology industry and in guiding major government digital initiatives. The provocative talk was entitled "Be Bold Australia!". »» Read more...
The Pearcey Hall of Fame recognises individuals who have made very significant lifetime contributions into one or more of Australia's ICT research, industry, or professional development. It is a yearly award which includes the Pearcey Medalist and up to two other individuals. »» Read more...
Australia 3.0 leverages the collective wisdom of a grouping of some of Australia's leading Technology and Innovation thinkers and most experienced professionals to develop insight into the pivotal issues that will impact Australia's ability to succeed in the global digital economy. »» Read more...