This year is an exciting year for the Pearcey Foundation:
- The 100th anniversary (centenary) of Dr Trevor Pearcey's birth
- The 70th anniversary of the creation of CSIRAC: Australia's first computer and the world's fourth.
Pearcey Medal and CSIRAC 70th Anniversary 14th November in Melbourne
Following on from our centenary celebration of the life of Dr Pearcey, we are about to hold the 2019 national awards event on 14th November :
- National Pearcey Awards - the presentation of the Pearcey Medal, Pearcey Hall of Fame and Pearcey Entrepreneur of the Year
- 70th Anniversary CSIRAC - to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the commissioning of CSIRAC at the Radiophysics Division of CSIRO.
Both events are in Melbourne. The 70th Anniversary event is an afternoon event and free but registration is essential. The evening Medal and national award event is a dinner event requiring registration as well. We hope you can support us by buying a table.
FULL DETAILS can be found here http://pearceycentenary.org.au/
We are delighted to have CSIRO sponsor these events as they have done for the last 20 years.
The Pearcey Foundation is proud to have held the following recent events.
- QLD Pearcey Entrepreneur Award held on 15th October
- NSW Tech Entrepreneur Award held on 10th October
- ACT Chief Minister's Pearcey Entrepreneur Award also held on 10th October
- Pearcey Oration and Vic Entrepreneur Award - 27 August 2019 at the Melbourne Law School
- WA Pearcey Entrepreneur Award (run by WAITTA) - 14 June 2019
- Dr Trevor Pearcey Centenary Celebration - 5 March 2019 at The Sydney Nanoscience Hub
24 Oct 2019
15 Oct 2019
10 Oct 2019
Canberra, Australia - 10 October 2019 - The Pearcey Foundation today announced Matthew Wilson, CEO of Penton as this year's recipient of the 2019 ACT Chief Minister's Pearcey Entrepreneur Award. The award was presented by Senator (retd) Kate Lundy representing the ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr at the Pearcey Round Table 2019. »» Read more...
27 Aug 2019
In 2019, the Pearcey Oration was given by Roger Taylor, Chair of the UK Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation. It was presented in conjunction with the Victorian State Entrepreneur Award at a sit-down dinner on the evening of Tuesday 27th August, 2019 at the Woodward Centre, Melbourne Law School. »» Read more...
27 Aug 2019
The 2019 Victorian Pearcey Entrepreneur Award was presented to Craig McDonald, founder and CEO of MailGuard and BlackEvents. The award, in its 20th year, was presented by the international thought-leader Roger Taylor, Chair of the UK Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation, who also gave this year's Pearcey Oration at the dinner. »» Read more...
22 Jun 2019
On Saturday 22 June 2019, the ABC Science Show had a special feature Recreating the first digital computer music. Presented by Carl Smith in the second half of the podcast (31 minute mark). »» Read more...
14 Jun 2019
The 2019 WA Pearcey Entrepreneur Award was presented to Rob Nathan, at the 28th WAITTA Incite Awards held on in Perth on Friday 14th June 2019. The award was presented by Greg Italiano, the Government Chief Information Officer, at the gala presentation dinner at the Crown Perth. »» Read more...
05 Mar 2019
The Pearcey Foundation was proud to run a special Centenary Celebration on Tuesday 5 March 2019 at University of Sydney. The event commemorated Dr Trevor Pearcey and his work. Over 200 scientific, academic and industry leaders joined the Celebration from 3pm-7pm at the Sydney Nanoscience Hub, located within The University of Sydney Nano Institute. »» Read more...
The Pearcey Hall of Fame recognises individuals who have made very significant lifetime contributions into one or more of Australia's ICT research, industry, or professional development. It is a yearly award which includes the Pearcey Medalist and up to two other individuals. »» Read more...
Australia 3.0 leverages the collective wisdom of a grouping of some of Australia's leading Technology and Innovation thinkers and most experienced professionals to develop insight into the pivotal issues that will impact Australia's ability to succeed in the global digital economy. »» Read more...