2019 Dr Trevor Pearcey Centenary Celebration
On 5 March 2019, there will a centenary celebration of the birth of an Australian ICT icon, Dr Trevor Pearcey.
It will be held from 3pm-7pm at The Sydney Nanoscience Hub, located within The University of Sydney Nano Institute.
The Pearcey Centenary Celebration program will feature eminent speakers exploring three of Dr Pearcey's prime areas of interest:
- Computing (with a focus on quantum computing);
- Astronomy and Radio Physics (where CSIRAC began within CSIRO), and;
- Nanoscience with some focus on optics, an area in which Trevor Pearcey had a particular interest.
2018 in Review
- 2018 Pearcey Medal - Dr Dennis Cooper
- 2018 Pearcey Hall of Fame - Dr Dennis Cooper, Emeritus Professor Robin Stanton, Dr Reg Coutts
- 2018 Pearcey Entrepreneur - Tony Clark
We very much appreciate the support of ACS and Data61 (CSIRO) for these awards.
The 2018 Pearcey State Entrepreneur Winners are:
- 2018 WA Pearcey Award - Dr Mark Andrich (Sustainable Platform)
- 2018 SA Pearcey Award - Tony Clark (Rising Sun Pictures)
- 2018 Vic Pearcey Award - Michael Cameron and Bernie Tschirren (Rome2Rio)
- 2018 ACT Pearcey Award - Ken Kroeger (Seeing Machines)
- 2018 Tas Pearcey Award - Dr Gary McDarby (Enterprize Tasmania)
- 2018 Qld Pearcey Award - Peter Laurie (Junta)
- 2018 NSW Pearcey Award - Nick Molnar (Afterpay)
The Pearcey Foundation is proud to have been involved in the following events:
The Pearcey Foundation is proud to announce a special Centenary Celebration on Tuesday 5 March 2019 at University of Sydney. The event will commemorate Dr Trevor Pearcey and his work. It is expected that over 250 scientific, academic and industry leaders will join the Celebration from 3pm-7pm at the Sydney Nanoscience Hub, located within The University of Sydney Nano Institute. »» Read more...
04 Oct 2018
The 2018 Tasmanian Pearcey Entrepreneur Award was presented to Dr Gary McDarby on Thursday 4 October at the Hobart Convention Centre. The award was presented by the Hon Michael Ferguson, Minister for Science and Technology as part of an ACS event that recognises the Tasmanian nominees for the ACS National Disruptor Awards. »» Read more...
04 Sep 2018
Ken Kroeger, CEO of Seeing Machines, was presented the 2018 ACT Chief Minister's Pearcey Entrepreneur Award. The award was presented by ACT Chief Digital Officer Bettina Konti, representing the ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr, at ACS Canberra's 25th Annual Conference on 4 September 2018. »» Read more...
28 Aug 2018
The 2018 Pearcey Oration was delivered by Mr Paul Shetler, a technologist and entrepreneur with more than 20 years of experience working on large projects in the technology industry and in guiding major government digital initiatives. The provocative talk was entitled "Be Bold Australia!". »» Read more...
28 Aug 2018
28 Aug 2018
The 2018 SA Pearcey Entrepreneur Award was presented to Tony Clark as part of the ACS Branch forum, on Tuesday 28th August 2018 at at SAHMRI, North Terrace in Adelaide. The award was presented by Professor Mike Miller (2017 Pearcey Medallist) who said "this award celebrates and honours a South Australian entrepreneur who has not only been innovative and creative, ... »» Read more...
The Pearcey Hall of Fame recognises individuals who have made very significant lifetime contributions into one or more of Australia's ICT research, industry, or professional development. It is a yearly award which includes the Pearcey Medalist and up to two other individuals. »» Read more...
Australia 3.0 leverages the collective wisdom of a grouping of some of Australia's leading Technology and Innovation thinkers and most experienced professionals to develop insight into the pivotal issues that will impact Australia's ability to succeed in the global digital economy. »» Read more...