This year is an exciting year for the Pearcey Foundation:
- The 100th anniversary (centenary) of Dr Trevor Pearcey's birth
- The 70th anniversary of the creation of CSIRAC: Australia's first computer and the world's fourth.
Pearcey Medal and CSIRAC 70th Anniversary 14th November in Melbourne
Following on from our centenary celebration of the life of Dr Pearcey, we held the 2019 national awards event on 14th November and awards were presented to:
- Pearcey Medal awarded to Prof David Abramson
- Pearcey Hall of Fame awarded to Sonja Bernhardt and Bob Beaumont
- Pearcey Entrepreneur of the Year awarded to Craig McDonald from Victoria
- 70th Anniversary CSIRAC - to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the commissioning of CSIRAC at the Radiophysics Division of CSIRO.
Both events were held in Melbourne - please see http://pearceycentenary.org.au/
We are delighted to have CSIRO sponsor these events as they have done for the last 20 years.
The Pearcey Foundation is proud to have held the following recent events.
- QLD Pearcey Entrepreneur Award - 15th October
- NSW Tech Entrepreneur Award - 10th October
- ACT Chief Minister's Pearcey Entrepreneur Award - 10th October
- Pearcey Oration and Vic Entrepreneur Award - 27 August 2019 at the Melbourne Law School
- WA Pearcey Entrepreneur Award (run by WAITTA) - 14 June 2019
- Dr Trevor Pearcey Centenary Celebration - 5 March 2019 at The Sydney Nanoscience Hub
14 Nov 2019
The prestigious Pearcey Medal, which recognises a distinguished lifetime achievement and contribution to the development and growth of the ICT industry in Australia, was presented to Professor David Abramson. The presentation of the Medal was by Nigel Warren, Executive Director Growth CSIRO at the annual Pearcey National Awards held on Thursday evening, 14th November 2019, in Melbourne. »» Read more...
15 Oct 2019
10 Oct 2019
Canberra, Australia - 10 October 2019 - The Pearcey Foundation today announced Matthew Wilson, CEO of Penton as this year's recipient of the 2019 ACT Chief Minister's Pearcey Entrepreneur Award. The award was presented by Senator (retd) Kate Lundy representing the ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr at the Pearcey Round Table 2019. »» Read more...
27 Aug 2019
In 2019, the Pearcey Oration was given by Roger Taylor, Chair of the UK Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation. It was presented in conjunction with the Victorian State Entrepreneur Award at a sit-down dinner on the evening of Tuesday 27th August, 2019 at the Woodward Centre, Melbourne Law School. »» Read more...
27 Aug 2019
The 2019 Victorian Pearcey Entrepreneur Award was presented to Craig McDonald, founder and CEO of MailGuard and BlackEvents. The award, in its 20th year, was presented by the international thought-leader Roger Taylor, Chair of the UK Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation, who also gave this year's Pearcey Oration at the dinner. »» Read more...
22 Jun 2019
On Saturday 22 June 2019, the ABC Science Show had a special feature Recreating the first digital computer music. Presented by Carl Smith in the second half of the podcast (31 minute mark). »» Read more...
14 Jun 2019
The 2019 WA Pearcey Entrepreneur Award was presented to Rob Nathan, at the 28th WAITTA Incite Awards held on in Perth on Friday 14th June 2019. The award was presented by Greg Italiano, the Government Chief Information Officer, at the gala presentation dinner at the Crown Perth. »» Read more...
The Pearcey Hall of Fame recognises individuals who have made very significant lifetime contributions into one or more of Australia's ICT research, industry, or professional development. It is a yearly award which includes the Pearcey Medallist and up to two other individuals. In 2019 Sonja Bernhardt OAM and Bob Beaumont were elevated into the prestigious Pearcey Hall of Fame along ... »» Read more...
Australia 3.0 leverages the collective wisdom of a grouping of some of Australia's leading Technology and Innovation thinkers and most experienced professionals to develop insight into the pivotal issues that will impact Australia's ability to succeed in the global digital economy. »» Read more...