2011 ACT Award
15 September 2015 Canberra
The 2011 ACT Pearcey Entrepreneur Award was presented to Matt Bullock by Senator Kate Lundy, Senator representing the ACT and Parliamentary Secretary Prime Minister and Cabinet, as part of the annual combined ACS and Pearcey Foundation Awards held this evening at ‘The Boathouse’ in Canberra.
Matt is CEO and Founder of eWay.
Chairman of the Pearcey ACT Committee, Nick McNaughton, commented that: “Matt Bullock is an outstanding entrepreneur who has created an international financial services company based out of Canberra. His company, eWay, has over 9000 merchants using his real time internet based service for secure processing of credit card transactions across New Zealand, UK as well as Australia. Starting his business right out of university, Matt is an inspirational role model for anyone seeking to make a career in ICT and thoroughly deserving of this prestigious award in 2011”.
Matt was selected from a strong field of six finalists including:
- Peter Lilley – Co-Founder. Stratsec -
- Bill Tarlinton - Chief Executive of Opal Software
- Ken Kroeger – Founder Catalyst Interactive
- Mathew Ryan – Co-Founder – Cordelta
- Matt Bullock – Founder & CEO of eWay
- Nigel Phair - Former AFP Cybercrime specialist
The 2011 judging panel consisted of:
- Robin Eckerman, well known for his pioneering efforts at Transact
- Brand Hoff, 2011 Pearcey Medallist
- Dr John O'Callaghan the 2005 Pearcey Medallist.